In 1912, the Depot became the hub of the community. Brick pavers surround the north side, between the building and the railroad. The city now owns the building and a public library is open during the week. Inside there is a room dedicated to its railroad history, serving as a museum, and numerous historical photographs of the region are displayed throughout the library. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. It also serves as a public town hall meeting place for legislators and as events center for everything from art shows to wedding receptions.